1st New Members Group – Welcome Evening
Thu 1st Oct at 7:30pm - 9:45pm| Free
This evening is for people who have recently joined Brighton and Hove Camera Club or who joined part way through the 2019-20 season. The aim of the evening is for us to get to know each other a bit. So there will be some introductions – to the New Members Group (NMG) team, the NMG workshop programme and the Camera Club itself. We’ll also give you an opportunity to introduce yourself briefly and share some of your images.
For the evening to work over Zoom, we need to do some advance preparation. So we’re asking you to email us 2 or 3 of your images in advance. We’re also asking you to nominate a ‘favourite’ and to say a few words about this image when you introduce yourself.
- Please select 2 or 3 images which you think represent your photography
- Try to make sure that they are less than 3 MB in size
- Save them in JPG format
- Send the JPGs to: (email visible to Members Only)
- Indicate which of the images is your favourite. This image will be shown on the screen while you introduce yourself
- Jo will email you back to acknowledge receipt of your images.
The deadline for sending your images to Jo is midnight on Friday 18th September, 2020.
Welcome evening – On the evening
Please be ready to say a few words about yourself. This could include:
- Your name
- The kind of photography you enjoy
- Why you joined the Camera Club
- What you hope to get out of the Club – hopes and fears
- A bit about the image you’ve chosen as your favourite – when and where you took the picture, why you took it, why you chose this image to talk about, what it says about you and your photography. Anything else that occurs to you.
Club member Steve Boyle will select a range of the images submitted to illustrate certain points. He’ll pick out images which represent topics, themes, techniques and approaches and talk us through them. He’ll highlight different aspects of photography and give you the chance to think about how you might apply some of this to your own work.
We have a treat in store to end the evening – you’ll need to join in to find out.
We’ll be sending out more details, including how to submit your images, nearer the time. In the meantime, we hope to see you at Tuesday Zoom meetings.
Audrey, Jo & Ali
The New Members Group Team
Online Zoom Details
This content is restricted to Brighton and Hove Camera Club members only.