Critique 3 – 2020/21 Season
Held over two nights, this Critique will be be interactive, requesting feedback from the photographer after the appraisal has been given by the judge. This follows a successful run of the longer format held during the Summer Programme. It’s envisaged, number of entries permitting, that half of the photos will be appraised the 8th December and remainder the following week on 15th December.
A critique is where club members are able to submit images to have them appraised (by a professional or knowledgable club member). This is not a competition as work is not compared to other entrants but is evaluated on its own merits. These are extremely popular events at the club and we usually have a lot of submissions with a diverse range of content.
Note: for Online Zoom Critique
To view previous submissions for critiques, look at our members critique portfolio.
- Submissions can be Digital Images or Prints – Digital only
- You are only able to submit one entry per critique event, but this can be a single image, a panel or a sequence – single/panel as one jpeg file
- You can submit an entry at one of 2 levels, Novice or Experienced.
- Appraisal is performed by a professional.
- The appraisal is given in a constructive manner to help you with your photography.
- At the end of the appraisal, images are awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Credit.
- The name of the photographer is withheld from the appraiser and the audience, until the appraisal is complete.
Guide to Appraisal Levels
- Novice – A member who is new to photography, or who is uncomfortable with criticism in general and/or the genre being appraised. Appraisal style will be soft and gentle.
- Experienced – a photographer that is comfortable with constructive critique and the genre presented.
Online Zoom Details
This content is restricted to Brighton and Hove Camera Club members only.