1st Critique Night 2021-22
Tue 26th Oct at 7:30pm - 9:45pm
Critique 1 – 2020/21 Season
A critique is where club members are able to submit images to have them appraised (by a professional or knowledgable club member). This is not a competition as work is not compared to other entrants but is evaluated on its own merits. These are extremely popular events at the club and we usually have a lot of submissions with a diverse range of content.
Note: for Online Zoom Critique
To view previous submissions for critiques, look at our members critique portfolio.
- Submissions can be Digital Images or Prints – Digital only
- You are only able to submit one entry per critique event, but this can be a single image, a panel or a sequence – single/panel as one jpeg file
- You can submit an entry at one of 2 levels, Novice or Experienced.
- Appraisal is performed by a professional.
- The appraisal is given in a constructive manner to help you with your photography.
- At the end of the appraisal, images are awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Credit.
- The name of the photographer is withheld from the appraiser and the audience, until the appraisal is complete.
Guide to Appraisal Levels
- Novice – A member who is new to photography, or who is uncomfortable with criticism in general and/or the genre being appraised. Appraisal style will be soft and gentle.
- Experienced – a photographer that is comfortable with constructive critique and the genre presented.
Online Zoom Details
This content is restricted to Brighton and Hove Camera Club members only.