Critique 5 – 2020/21 Season
A critique is where club members are able to submit images to have them appraised (by a professional or knowledgable club member). This is not a competition as work is not compared to other entrants but is evaluated on its own merits. These are extremely popular events at the club and we usually have a lot of submissions with a diverse range of content.
Note: for Online Zoom Critique
To view previous submissions for critiques, look at our members critique portfolio.
- Submissions can be Digital Images or Prints – Digital only
- You are only able to submit one entry per critique event, but this can be a single image, a panel or a sequence – single/panel as one jpeg file
- You can submit an entry at one of 2 levels, Novice or Experienced.
- Appraisal is performed by a professional.
- The appraisal is given in a constructive manner to help you with your photography.
- At the end of the appraisal, images are awarded Gold, Silver, Bronze or Credit.
- The name of the photographer is withheld from the appraiser and the audience, until the appraisal is complete.
Guide to Appraisal Levels
- Novice – A member who is new to photography, or who is uncomfortable with criticism in general and/or the genre being appraised. Appraisal style will be soft and gentle.
- Experienced – a photographer that is comfortable with constructive critique and the genre presented.
We will be returning to meeting in person (subject to Government restrictions etc) with the following conditions: –
No hybrid events. We aim for the majority of Events to be in the hall, with occasional Zoom events (no recordings) when speakers are international, etc.
Attendees at the hall are recommended to be double vaccination and/or to have received a booster
Attendeees are asked to take a LFT taken within 24 hours of the meeting.
Any member with positive LFT or PCR test or displaying/feeling any symptoms of a cold, lack of taste/smell etc. pertaining to Covid will be required to stay away from meetings.
The same applies to any member who has knowingly come into contact with a confirmed case of Covid.
Masks are optional.
All windows, curtains and doors into the hall will remain open for the duration of the meeting.
There will be no tea/coffee break during the pandemic. Members will bring their own refreshments.
Meetings will go through without a break to minimise time in a confined space.