Questions before you sign up?
- Once you’ve completed sign up, if it’s the first time you’ve signed up, you will receive a welcome email
- You receive a receipt for your payment from us and from the payment service you selected (PayPal or Stripe)
- If you don’t receive any confirmation emails within 10 minutes of sign up, first check your spam folder, if nothing has been received, log back in and check that your email address is correct.
Yes. A receipt for payment will be sent to you by email as soon as your membership is registered on the website. You will also receive a receipt from the payment service provider you selected when paying.
Membership starts once payment has been accepted and confirmed.
- If this is your first membership, or your previous membership has expired, your membership starts immediately.
- If you are already a member and your current membership hasn’t yet expired, your new membership will start immediately following the expiry of your current membership.
If you are under 18, you can only attend the club with a parent or guardian that also has membership.
The majority of club events are free for members and anyone on a trial as the cost of the presenters is covered by the membership fees.
As we are a large club, we are fortunate that we attract high profile national and international photographers to come and present to us. Sometimes, these professionals come at a higher cost that cannot be covered by the membership fees alone. For these events we have to make a small additional entry fee that is payable by ALL members and anyone on a trial. The calendar states all events that incur this small cost.
Payment is required on attendance, by cash or card.
Note that attendance to these events is optional.
If when you join you have NUS for a least 6 months of your membership, your membership runs for the full year from sign up.
If your NUS expire less than 6 months into your membership, you will need to upgrade your membership to a standard annual membership, when your NUS expires. A pro rata amount will then be calculated for the remainder of your membership.
We accept payment by Credit/Debit card (using Stripe) only. This applies to fees for all types of membership and the two week trial.
You do not need to be registered or have an account with Stripe to make a payment using this service. Payment using either method is very fast, simple and secure process.
Whilst we can take payment for the above when you arrive at the club for registration, as we are a large club, it substantially decreases queueing time, if you pay online before you arrive at the club.
We DO NOT accept the following types of payment for membership fees: Standing Order, Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash.
We do not accept payment by Standing Order, Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash.
We have a large membership so accepting payments using any of the above methods (e.g. any payment not made via this website), drastically increases the manual administration required for membership. For this reason, please pay for your membership by signing up on this website and paying by PayPal or Stripe before you arrive at the club.
We appreciate your understanding and help in keeping general administration of the club to a minimum.
For the username, enter something you will easily remember. It can be a mixture of letters, numbers and other characters but cannot contain spaces. Do not make it over complicated (like a password), as it should be easy to remember. DO NOT use your email address as your username.
Note that your username cannot ever be changed once it is set (hence the reason for not using your email address).
When you login you can then enter your username OR email address at the prompt (plus your password), to login.
Attending the club after signing up
- If you sign up online, less than 3 hours before you attend the club, please bring proof of sign up with you, as you may need to show this to registration. This can be by showing a copy of your confirmation email on your mobile phone or device, or by bringing a printout of the email.
- When attending any club event you must always check in with registration when you arrive.
More help is available in our help guides.
The form below signs you up for Annual NUS Membership